Forum rules - please read before posting.

Version 1.46 - Save game profiles, 2.5D tutorial

Comments

• Seems to be working with 1.46c, cheers Chris :)
  • "Added: Ability to define a per-character text scroll sound"

I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU 
  • Regarding per-character text scroll sound feature - this feature is great, thanks for adding - just thought I should mention that the audio clip box in the NPC / Player script for adding their text scroll sound is currently not labeled as anything in the editor. Would be a shame for people to miss it!
  • Great work, thank you so much!
  • Thank you so much for this update, you're doing a great job!

The problem with the destination accuracy was a big issue for my project and what you've done seems to work in my case (why is it experimental? do you know cases where it could not work?).

Thanks for the rest of the fixes and improvements too ;)
  • Just an FYI - unsure if this has happened earlier and been noted but:

I get lots of console warnings upon import along the lines of this: (both 1.46 and 1.46a)
    =========================================================================
    Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Logic/Editor/ConversationEditorWindow.cs(30,32): warning CS0618: `UnityEditor.EditorWindow.title' is obsolete: `Use titleContent instead (it supports setting a title icon as well).'

• @Xidore: Thanks.  Does it seem to work despite that, or is it a show-stopper?
  • edited June 2015
    Chris, I'm terribly sorry to ask this but, would you consider a "how to delete save games" tutorial?
    It could be something that you do in the next 2 months, really, I'm asking just in general.
    I've tried to read the explanation above, but I'm doing something wrong. Rather than tackling with my problem, which is surely due to my inability, I wonder if you would consider doing that, I'm sure a few other people would be interested.
  • Anyone else having issues with the latest update and Unity UI? I have a sprite image in scene with Unity UI canvas and an Adventure Creator Hotspot to switch cameras and the hotspot doesn't work. I try the same with a new scene without the Unity UI and everything is fine?? Weird.
  • Figured the last comment I made out. Had to disable canvas raycasting option on the Unity UI. Hotspots work again!
  • edited June 2015
    @Gog0: It's experimental because it needs thorough testing.  It's also something of a hack, since it goes against the way AC's movement system is inherently designed.  If user testing continues to show good results I'll take away the "experimental" label.

@David: It's something I'd hoped to have out with the release, but it's so large a topic it wasn't possible.  In the meantime, you can look at the way the new Profiles menu works, as profiles and save games are largely interchangeable so far as managing them goes.

@CLapps: And thimgs were working before the update?  Please post a new thread about this with more detail and I'll look into it.
  • I think they are only warnings everything else seems to work as expected.

I was having loads of console errors which were probably unrelated to this (but related to other issues I posed Qs on).

Looks to be fine 
    X_X
  • Thank you so much Chris!
    Only one small issue: With Unity UI prefab, crossfade Menu doesn't work sometimes.
    I can open Save Menu from Pause Menu with "click type: crossfade", but when Save Menu is open, if I want to go back with a Cancel button, "click type: crossfade" doesn't crossfade to Pause Menu, it's only turn off Save Menu. (the menu name is correct, it worked before)
  • @RedCityNoise: I can't recreate that - have you modified the UIs from the default ones?  If so, does it work if you revert back to them?  You can do that easily by switching to the Demo_MenuManager asset and changing the Source for e.g. the Pause and Save menus.
  • edited June 2015
    It works with Demo_MenuManager and UI prefab, well, I will try to understand what's the problem.
    EDIT: It works now, Transition type was on None before, with Canvas Group Fade, it's ok.
  • Ok Chris. I'll let you know if I have any problem with it on my 2D project. Seems fine until now.
  • Version 1.46d is now out:
    • Added: Cutscene, Trigger, DialogOptions and Interaction scene objects can now be safely duplicated
    • Added: Warning message to ActionList Editor window if it is used to view a prefabbed scene-based ActionList
    • Added: ActionList: Comment Action - use to display comments in ActionLists and the Console
    • Added: Option to trigger Interaction icons by releasing a mouse-click over them (Choose Hotspot Then Interaction mode only)
    • Fixed: Hotspots no longer responding to TurnOn and TurnOff messages sent by the “Object: Send message” Action
    • Fixed: Issues with using looped Curved Tracks
    • Fixed: Per-character text scroll sound field not having a label
    • Fixed: Interaction menus not always closing when relying on Touch Screen input
    • Fixed: Physics Demo not working with Touch Screen input
  • Interaction objects can be duplicated?? I thought this was insurmountable?

Great little update all round.
  • These warnings appear:

• Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/SpeechManager.cs(152,48): warning CS0618: `UnityEditor.EditorWindow.title' is obsolete: `Use titleContent instead (it supports setting a title icon as well).'
    • Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Speech/PhonemesWindow.cs(19,32): warning CS0618: `UnityEditor.EditorWindow.title' is obsolete: `Use titleContent instead (it supports setting a title icon as well).'
    • Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs(46,32): warning CS0618: `UnityEditor.EditorWindow.title' is obsolete: `Use titleContent instead (it supports setting a title icon as well).'
    • Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs(96,25): warning CS0618: `UnityEditor.EditorWindow.title' is obsolete: `Use titleContent instead (it supports setting a title icon as well).'
    • Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Logic/Editor/ConversationEditorWindow.cs(30,32): warning CS0618: `UnityEditor.EditorWindow.title' is obsolete: `Use titleContent instead (it supports setting a title icon as well).'
    • Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/Editor/ActiveInputsWindow.cs(17,32): warning CS0618: `UnityEditor.EditorWindow.title' is obsolete: `Use titleContent instead (it supports setting a title icon as well).'
    • Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/Editor/AdventureCreator.cs(35,32): warning CS0618: `UnityEditor.EditorWindow.title' is obsolete: `Use titleContent instead (it supports setting a title icon as well).'
    • Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/Editor/NewGameWizardWindow.cs(42,32): warning CS0618: `UnityEditor.EditorWindow.title' is obsolete: `Use titleContent instead (it supports setting a title icon as well).'
    Easily fixed. Just replace .title with .titleContent.text.