Forum rules - please read before posting.

About "Always Walk" in Unity Adventure Remake

Hi, Chris

In some cases, the game will only let players walk, not let players run (such as double-click).

According to the steps in the unity adventure remake tutorial, an onstartgame (actionlist asset) is created, in which player: constraint is set in advance to restrict players from walking.

But the result of the test is that it only works in the first scenario, as long as you cut into the second scenario, it will not works normal.

I wonder if this is normal?

Thanks!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @moongamestudio.

What's your AC version? This should have been addressed in v1.70.0.

• I'm using version 1.70.2

• I'll look into it, thanks for the report.

In the meantime, you can ensure walking is enforced by using the same Action in the second scene's OnStart cutscene.

• edited April 2020

Thanks!

• Recreated - though I'm afraid the steps necessary to address it are too complex to post here.

I will see that a fix is included in the next release, however.

• edited September 2023

Hello, I just wanted to chime in that I have this exact issue. Probably following the same tutorial. When I use the ActionList on start game (in Settings/Cutscene settings) it only restraints the movement for the first scene, walking into another scene breaks this (but the music keeps playing). I found a workaround of just using the on start action list asset in scene/scene cutscenes but that makes the on start action list completely useless?

• Welcome to the community, @EridanFresh.

What are your AC / Unity versions, and is the Player prevented from running once again if you go back to the first scene after visiting the second (being sure not to re-apply this lock in the first scene's OnStart cutscene)?

Such locks are applied per-Player. If you have a local Player in the scene file (as opposed to the prefab assigned in the Settings Manager), then the lock will be applied to them as a separate entity.

If your scenes have a copy of the Player character in them, removing them so that AC spawns them in manually (via the "Player Prefab" field in the Settings Manager), you should find that the lock needs only be applied once.