Forum rules - please read before posting.

Problems with saves in UWP build

Hi
We started to test build for UWP (Universal Windows Platform) and encountered some problems with saves.

Please, see the Google doc for detailed description.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nBnmy4vKCXuBT67yxFhDvDy84EQLSPI6GsdEyVs3c0E/edit?usp=sharing

Comments

• As with consoles, AC doesn't officially support Windows Store (see the FAQ) - but with your feedback I can consider making changes to AC's core to reduce the tinkering needed to get it working.

On certain platforms, XML can be unreliable - in which case, I recommend to go with Json.

For compilation safety, save location is hard-coded in the SaveSystem and SaveFileHandler_SystemFile scripts. See the top of them for mentions of "UNITY_WINRT". If you remove these mentions, saving to the Application.persistentDataPath will be enabled - if results are successful for you, I'll consider lifting this restriction.

A similar restriction is in place for the Binary save format - in FileFormatHandler_Binary. Again, see how results differ with this removed, and let me know how they go.

• Thanks.
    We'll try to do everything by the end of the week and will let you know.

• I want let you know that your advice helped. You can use UNITY_WSA_10_0 for screenshots.