Forum rules - please read before posting.

Can't edit menu action list

I created an action list for an exit-close-up action. Right now I want to add another action to that list which it let me do, setting it standard on "engine-wait". But as soon as I change engine to any other kind of group (I want to edit the player) the new action disappears and Unity starts saving the action list two or three times (differs per try). I have no problems with editing action lists on objects that are in my scene, only on this menu action list. Please help! There are no messages related to this in my console. 

Comments

• Which versions of both AC and Unity are you using, and on what platform?  I've never heard of this behaviour - if you could post some screenshots it might help me understand what's going on.

When you say Unity starts saving the ActionList, do you mean it's creating duplicates?  Are you using the ActionList Editor window, or the default Unity Inspector, to edit the asset file?  Are you able to edit other ActionList asset files, e.g. the ones located in the AdventureCreator/Demo/MenuActionLists folder?
  • Hi Chris,

I am using the latest versions of both AC and Unity and have found out what's causing the problem. We use the "Verify saving assets" preference of Unity because it helps us preventing a lot of merge conflicts on GIT when working on the same project. This means that every time you either save manually or Unity wants to auto save something you get a small pop up window with all the assets Unity is about to save. You can uncheck items here that you do not want to save (usually scenes in our case). When I add a new block to an action list that's not in the scene and change any of the variables (except for the default engine-wait layout) Unity instantly does an autosave which causes the new block to disappear. So it's easy to work around, I just need to remember to uncheck "Verify saving assets" in my preferences when working on an action list in my library!

Hope I explained it sufficiently enough. If you want to reproduce the scenario just check "verify saving assets" and start working on any menu related action list :) 
  • Oh, and with "block" I mean an "action"!