Forum rules - please read before posting.

Shapeable lipsyncing end expression

edited November 2019 in Technical Q&A

I'm using Shapeable on my 3D characters to do lipsyncing with expression shape groups. This works great. However, when the dialogue line ends, the character mouth is always in a closed position which looks a bit weird.

My phoneme shapes are BMP, AYER, FV, GW and I, and the lipsync always ends with the BMP (closed) shape at 100%. Preferably all shapes should be reset to 0% when the line has finished its lipsynching. Is there a way/hack/setting/trick to make this happen?

Latest AC/Unity 2018.4.

EDIT: I'm using "From Speech Text" lipsyncing and the default setup in the Phonemes editor.
EDIT 2: I see that The first frame will be considered default in the phonemes editor, so I might have to add a new first frame on all characters.

Comments

• I see that The first frame will be considered default in the phonemes editor, so I might have to add a new first frame on all characters.

That's it exactly. If you did need to go in and apply any other changes manually, you can hook into the OnStopSpeech custom event also, but the first phoneme frame will be considered the "rest" frame.