Forum rules - please read before posting.

FEATURE REQUEST: Multiple entry boxes for (almost) every type of action

I'm often affecting multiple gameObjects with the same Action at the same time or sequentially. Whether it's turning on Particles, fading out Sprites, Changing the volume on various sfx, Checking a bunch of variables or Running a few other actionlists at once... or something else.

It would be absolutly game changing (pun intended) to be able to apply multiple executions of the same Actions to multiple gameObjects in single Action Nodes. Would tidy up ActionLists massively and make them easier to read and edit etc...

Please add this in, at least for some of the Actions, where it is possible.

Comments

• edited September 2019

There are several reasons why this isn't the case.

However, it is possible to do this on the ActionList level, i.e. run an ActionList asset file multiple times - setting different parameter values each time it's run.

To do this, check the ActionList asset's Can run multiple instances? property, and assign a parameter to any field(s) you want to have multiple values.

Then add the Action List Starter component to your scene, and reference this ActionList. Check both Set parameters? and Run multiple instances?, and you'll be able to determine how many times it gets run - and set parameter values for each configuration.

This component is typically used as an alternative to the OnStart / OnLoad cutscene fields in the Scene Manager, but you can also trigger its assigned ActionList by invoking it's RunActionList function with either the Object: Send message or Object: Call event Actions.

• Ok thanks. I will look into this on my next project.