Forum rules - please read before posting.

Is it possible for me to disable AC's auto-Player import function?

I have created a functioning Player character customization menu, with working animations that link up to the character and work using AC's Player script. When I load a scene without going through the character customizer screen I made, the player appears and functions as it should pre-customization, animations and all.

When I load a screen after using the customizer, the Player character loads and retains its' customizations--AC also recognizes the object as a Player, as it animates in idle and sends it to the PlayerStart position with the correct scaling, however it doesn't allow me to physically move the character across the screen.

I've had similar problems come up when I've had 2 separate player objects in a scene before, and it seemed to BECAUSE there were two player objects, I was being locked out of movement. I'm using an "DontDestroy" function on the customized PlayerPrefab so that the customization is retained, but I think this is conflicting with AC's function of autoloading the Player into the scenes.

Any way for me to address this? Thanks!

Comments

• Do you have 2 Players in the scene in this instance?

AC will refrain from spawning the "default" Player into the scene if it detects a Player component, on a GameObject tagged as "Player", as already present.

You can check to see which Player AC considers to be under user control by enabling the AC Status box via the bottom of the Settings Manager. That'll show the current Player in a box in the Game Window, and clicking this label will highlight their GameObject in the Hiearchy.

If need be, you can force AC's record of the current Player with the KickStarter script's ResetPlayer function.