Forum rules - please read before posting.

Lipsync question ( faceware/maya )

Hi,
I checked manual and I see you can use plenty of assets for lipsync and they are played somehow automatically.
Is there a way to play animation files generated by maya? I am using faceware/maya to analyze facial capture video, I can cut it same as sound, with same names, create animator for it and call each file with triger or something like that, just curious if there is better way? ( got several hundred lines )
Thanks in advance for any info

Comments

• If your character uses the Mecanim animation engine, then the Dialogue: Play speech Action will provide fields to enter in the name of head/mouth animations that - if present in their Animator on the layers defined in their Player/NPC Inspector - will be played when the dialogue is spoken.

Timeline is also an option, since AC's AC_Speech track is another way to trigger dialogue lines, and you then have access to Timeline's animation syncing ability.

If you're scripting-inclinded, and since you have many lines to process, perhaps the best way is to hook into the OnStartSpeech custom event, and use the speech line's ID number (generated when you click "Gather text" in the Speech Manager) to dynamically play the correct animation.

A tutorial on custom events, which uses the same event type, can be found here.

• Thanks Chris, I missed that Dialogue: Play speech Action field. Thout would do it. And I ll look into costum events too as it would probably save me quite some time.

Thanks a lot!