Forum rules - please read before posting.

Different Font for Different Options in Dialogue?

Hello everyone, relatively new Unity user here. Quick question for everyone: Is there an easy way with AC to have different dialogue options display with different fonts/colors? I'm going for an effect similar to Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines, in which special options were made to stand out. I've attached a screenshot of what I'm thinking.

So far, all I've been able to do is either change the font for the entirety of the dialog menu, or create a duplicate 'dialogue option' menu with the changed font, but that makes the option display twice.

Appreciate any insight. Thanks!!

Comments

• edited April 2019

Welcome to the community, @zombiecat.

AC provides a way to set the colour of options already chosen, but not the font/colour of specific options. For that, you'll have to make use of custom events.

If you rely on Unity UI for your Menu, you'll have much more control over its appearance. The default Conversation menu has a Unity UI variant that you can access by changing its Source property to Unity Ui Prefab.

For more on Unity UI menus, see the Manual of the same name.

When using a Unity UI menu, a Conversation's dialogue options will be displayed via Unity UI Buttons - so you can then set their text colour(s) through script.

The OnStartConversation custom event can be used to modify your Conversation menu's appearance.

Do you want to be able to set the font/colour of each option - or just some? Due to long-distance travel I will be away until Thursday, but I can assist with writing such a script upon my return.

• Try this sample script:
    http://pasteall.org/1587187

Paste it in a C# script named DialogueOptionStyler. You can then attach a component named "Dialogue Option Styler" to your Conversations, and amend the Inspector as appropriate - matching lines via their ID numbers.