Forum rules - please read before posting.

AR/VR Support

Can i use AC with AR/VR tools such as Vuforia?
Does AR Provide support for these tools?
If not, does it have any limitations for apps that are initially AR/VR apps?
The intended scenario is to build AR/VR Educational games/stories, leveraging the capabilities of AC.
This will affect our decision to buy AC.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @michelhabib.

No - AC is intended for traditional graphic adventures, and does not provide support for AR or VR.  AC can be feasibly be made to work with them, but it's on the user to write the custom scripts necessary to integrate.

Some example scripts are included to demonstrate (e.g. "World space cursor" and "Click by hovering cursor") - see the Manual's "Working with VR" chapter - but if you're looking for an "instant plug and play" solution then I do not recommend relying on AC.
  • Thank you Chris for the prompt reply. I am enjoying the AC Videos and learning about what it can do. I come from a development background and i am trying to build an AR app using Vuforia. I understand this is not an AC OOB feature, neither is VR.
    Before diving into possible tuning, i am trying to link the 3D sample game to an AR Image target or AR camera in vuforia. I guess the trick would be to link the AC nav camera to the image target and make the camera change its transform according to the image target transform. So i am looking now into how to do this in unity natively, maybe with a script on the lateupdate for the AR image target. I just need to figure the math i guess.
  • When it comes to hooking up custom functionality into common AC tasks, have a look at the custom events tutorial.  In this case, it might be that the OnSwitchCamera event is relevant to you.