Forum rules - please read before posting.

IsGrounded staying checked when jumping

Hi,
I have a weird problem where even when jumping, my character's IsGrounded bool stays checked while in the air. It's left unchecked and when starting the game it checks itself which is right, but when jumping, I pause and check the animator and it's still checked, which is messing up my animations.

Here's what it looks like:
https://imgur.com/a/5GtUwfO

Does anyone have any idea what's causing this?
Thanks! :)

Comments

• Please be sure to include your AC and Unity version numbers when posting in Technical Q&A.  Some bugs related to "IsGrounded" were fixed in recent releases, so be sure to update if you're using an old version.

How are you getting your Capsule Collider on its side?  By rotating the root object by 90 degrees?

AC's internal "ground check" calculation works on the assumption that the collider is upright (the norm for humanoid characters).  I'd expect problems if you're turning it like that.

You should be able to get around this, however, by moving your "long" CapsuleCollider to a child GameObject, and attaching a regular, upright CapsuleCollider (i.e. with its base touching the floor) onto the root object.  That'll be used for the ground-check, while the original Collider will be used for collisions.
  • Hi Chris
    I've updated to the latest version of AC and the issue still occurs.
    I'm using unity 2017.4.0f1
    The capsule collider isn't 'rotated' so to say, I'm just using the collider direction as the Z-axis.
    What should I do at this point?
    • The capsule collider isn't 'rotated' so to say, I'm just using the collider direction as the Z-axis.
    Apologies, I missed that.  I'll attempt a recreation and let you know.
  • Recreated, I'll look into a fix - thanks for the bug report.
  • Hi Chris
    I've updated to the latest version but IsGrounded is still ticked when jumping lol
  • Indeed - a fix is being included in the next update, the latest release has the issue.