Forum rules - please read before posting.

Save Game causes UI to flicker

Hello Guys,

I am trying to use the save Game feature in the adventure save game and when the game saves this causes the UI in game to flicker when the game is being saved.

I have a singleton attached to an empty gameobject named SavePointObject in the scene. It contains the function to save the game data. This is done using the Object->Send Message Function in the action List editor. 

The function is the SaveGame function shown in the image below

This does save the game but the issue i face here is that when i have a Canvas enabled on Screen and try to save the game, it causes the UI to flicker. this happens across all canvases. However disconnecting the save game node in the action list editor seems to solve this issue. But then i would not be able to save the game at that point.

Any ideas on how this can be solved? 

Comments

• A custom script is not necessary to save the game outside of the SavesList menu element - the Save: Save or load Action allows you to save the game into a given slot.  See the Manual's "Saving and loading overview" chapter for more on when it can be used.

If you have Take screenshot when saving? checked in your Settings Manager, then the UI is removed for one frame while the screenshot is taken - this is to prevent the UI from being visible in the save screenshot.  You can prevent the UI from flickering off by disabling that option, but it's necessary if you want to make use of save-screenshots.
  • Thank you Chris. This works like a charm. You're a role model in our studio.  Awesome work with the tool.