Forum rules - please read before posting.

ActionLists debugging in build?

edited April 2018 in Technical Q&A
Hello!
It is possible to debug/show running ActionLists in build? I've tried to make GUI panel (similar to [AC Status] in editor), but I dont know how to get running ActionLists name. Something like "KickStarter.mainCamera.attachedCamera.gameObject.name" but with ActionList.name.
And how to get current Action number from this ActionList?

Example GUI:
[ActionList Running]: foo;
           ["foo" action]: 23;

Cheers!

Comments

• The record of running ActionLists are stored in:

AC.KickStarter.actionListManager

However, the records are all private - so you'd have to modify the ActionListManager.cs script to expose them.

Probably just easiest to make an option to have the [AC Status] box show in builds.
  • I get ActionListName, but I can't find Action Index variable, so I can't show which action state is currently running.
    Any tip? : )
  • You can refer to the Scripting Guide for API queries.  Since multiple can run at once, you have to iterate through them to find those with their isRunning flag set to True.

foreach (Action action in myActionList.actions)
    {
      if (action.isRunning)
      {
        //
      }
    }

The ability to display the status window in builds will be a feature in the next official release.
  • edited April 2018
    I'm very happy to see new release with build debug, but...
    I have problem with update now. When I click in Unity [Adventure Creator] -> [Check for updates], AC update checker shows me a info "Update available! ...".
    Fine, go update. Get package from AssetStore. Import all of objects. Go to [Adventure Creator] -> [About]. It shows still 1.62.0. Look in AC Game Editor - 1.62. Can't find new features. Weird. I reimported package. Still the same. Create new, clean project in unity, imported AC - 1.62.0.  Update checker the whole time shows a new 1.62.3 update available.

Any ideas?
  • There seemed to be a delay in what update was available based on what version of the store page you were using.  Please try again - it may be sorted now.
  • Problem solved.
    I deleted completely AC Package from Unity Packages folder (C:\Users\accountName\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store), download again, import and it works.

Good update by the way - in-build debug is very helpful.
    Cheers : )