Forum rules - please read before posting.

Detecting Multiple Hotspots

2»

Comments

• This interaction, before I get close, it shows the interaction menu and the hotspot label.image

This is how it is when there's more than 1 hotspot. This is the way its supposed to be.

• I've updated the wiki script to include a "minimum distance" parameter for your Interaction menu.  As I was saying before, you can tailor these scripts to suit your needs.

If there's an issue with the UI canvas, does it display as normal, i.e. without having it spawned multiple times?  The vanilla "Multi Hotspots" script won't work with In-Scene UIs, but you should still be able to use a "World Space" Prefab UI with it - perhaps with only slight modification to the script, but it works OK for me.
  • So this is a weird glitch, I guess. 

I have the multi hotspot thing working fine. However When I go close to 1 hotspot and activate an interaction the other hotspots close to it, their UI doesn't turn off. 

So let's say hotspot 1 and hotspot 2 are close to each other. 

When I use a look interaction on hotspot 1, hotspot 2's UI is still on. 

IF I have a special camera view for hotspot 1, the UI for hotspot 2 is in the camera view.
  • A glitch, or undesired behaviour?  Do you mean that they're showing while gameplay is blocked, or just when you don't want them to.

The MultiHotspotLabel script will show the Hotspot's UI whenever the Hotspot itself is selected, which would happen when in close proximity to it.  You can limit a Hotspot to only be selectable when a specific camera is active within its Inspector, but you can also use the Hotspot: Enable or disable Action to manually disable it when necessary.