Forum rules - please read before posting.

Remembering Dialog

Hi, I've got a "Remember Conversation" on a Convo object, the conversation is generated by a script.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working.  If I talk to the character, leave the scene, and then return, the previously added dialog options don't show up.  I know this is pretty vague, I can post dialog code/gifs but they all seem to be generating as expected.  Is "Remember Conversation" only for saving/loading the game and not for scene changes?  I'm pretty stuck on this :|  Thanks in advance!

Comments

• All Remember scripts will save data for both save games, and for scene changing.

You say you're generating the conversation through script - does that mean you're defining the options at runtime?  That could create a conflict, since the Conversation / RememberConversation scripts expect to begin the game with their options already defined.  The only changes made at runtime should be the disabling/enabling of options, not their creation.
  • Ohhhh interesting, yeah I create the options at runtime.  Is there a way to create the options in the script before runtime (via execution order? or is that all during runtime?)  Else I'll re create them using the conversation creator and trigger them via script like you suggest :) thanks!
  • The Conversation Editor/Inspector is just running code that you can do in a custom script.

A Conversation's options are listed in its options variable, which is a List of the ButtonDialog class.  The Scripting Guide describes all of AC's public functions, variables, and classes.
  • Thanks! I added the dialog before runtime.  I was still hitting the issue, but fixed it when I changed how my scene changes work (instead of using code I switched to an actionscript). Those two combined makes the dialog options retain :) Thanks again!!
  • You can still switch scenes through code, but you have to use AC's own function for it:

SceneInfo sceneInfo = new SceneInfo ("MyNewScene", -1);
    KickStarter.sceneChanger.ChangeScene (sceneInfo, true);