Forum rules - please read before posting.

Navmesh and 2.5D: issue

I have noticed a strange problem:
Basically the plans are seen in transparency through the background image.
I post images, the circle is the intersection between the two planes, while the shadows indicated by the arrows are the edges of the planes.
I do not know how to fix it ...

Comments

• Is that the plane, or the shadow it casts?  Does it go away if you disable the Mesh Renderer component at runtime?

You may need a new shader - the one provided is just an example.  Actually, Unity now lets you set a Mesh Renderer's Cast Shadows field to Shadows Only - try that instead with a regular Standard shader.
  • Time to revive this old thread ;)

I have a similar (if not the same) issue. The plane with MatteShadow is still visible. If I disable the mesh renderer Component at runtime the plane vanishes, but so does the shadow - so that is no solution.

I also tried the "Shadows Only" option - but then the plane and the Shadow disappear.

To state my goal once again: I don't want the plane with the Matte Shadow Shader to reflect any light. In only want it to cast a shadow.

I am at a loss as to how I should proceed. I don't know how to make a new Shader myself or where to find one.

I tried the following tutorial, but that solution also did not work due to some missing assets and an old c# script.

https://adventurecreator.org/tutorials/adding-shadows-25d-scenes

Does anybody have any solutions?

Thanks

• edited July 2020

Thanks for the alert about the now outdated asset links. I notice you've found a solution over on this threadl, though I'll see about updating the tutorial.