Forum rules - please read before posting.

UFPS integration

edited August 2014 in Technical Q&A
Im following this:

It has all gone well apart from this step: "The prefab is now ready. As with other Adventure Creator player prefabs, place this prefab in a Resources folder, remove it from the scene, and assign it as the Player in your Settings Manager"

it says to assign the player in the settings manager, but settings manager expects a c# script not a player prefab, the screenshot even shows a c# script inthere that has the same name the player prefab should have, this has confused me, why is there a script there? where does that come from? didnt we just make a prefab and then suddenly its being referred to a c# script, can anyone explain this?

Thanks,
Gaz

Comments

• OK I was a bit dumb, I added 1 to the platers array below and draggeed my prefab in and it showed up as a c# script somehow :) but my "Player" option above the "Players" is still set to "Tin Pot (Player)" is this going to be an issue?
  • hmm forget all of that now suddenly i can simply drag my prefab in as expected.
  • edited August 2014
    OK all done, now when I hit run I get a completely blank grey screen, any ideas? :) It looks like the player prefab isnt being instanced, which i presume is supposed to be handled by AC?
  • Id have deleted this thread if there was an option since I was being dumb once again I followed tutorials and its working, one thing is the mouse cursor doesnt lock in the centre with my ufps cursor which makes interactions difficult, I have an object highlighting but no text will appear and the cursor doesnt change, I also see a flashing mouse pointer all the time.
  • Ah no, threads are useful because others see when its [Solved] - which you can add in a rename of the title of the original posting.

Even if you think you were being uncommonly 'dumb' you might find that the mistake you make is a common and natural one in the given circumstances. Indeed this player problem (forgetting to change it from TinPot) is one I have encountered in my first steps making an AC scene.
  • Thanks :) Been struggling all night to a) make text appear on hot spots and b) make it so the windows mouse pointer disappears (in ufps before I could simply click the game window and it would vanish).. Any ideas?