Forum rules - please read before posting.

Inventory item

I was looking if is posible to make something like pick up an object an in the inventory bar make an small animation like a simple scale +1 to know what object you select.

Comments

• You can do this either by injecting code into a custom event, or with parameters.  You can see a recent discussion on this topic here.
  • Ok i get the idea but wich event can scale an inventory item in place?
  • As @Snebjorn mentioned in the other thread, OnInventoryAdd.  An event doesn't do anything by itself - it allows you to run your own code at certain times - in this case, when a new inventory item is added.
  • Ok maybe i dont get the idea i use the same script that the other topic. Work for a text inscription of what you pick up.

I try something there like item.cursorIcon.GetSprite.transform.localScale += new Vector3(0.1F, 0, 0); but oviusly is not the way to scale the inventory item you pick up.
    I want it like this: minute 3:55
  • That script was a demonstration of how something along these lines can be done - you still need to amend it to suit your own purposes.

You could do that by creating a Unity UI Menu just for that purpose, and animate a child RectTransform with a regular Animator controller.  This could be run with a regular Object: Animate Action, but before it you would need to use a custom Action that simply updates the graphic in your UI Image with the desired inventory sprite, eg:

GameObject.Find ("MyImageObject").GetComponent <UnityEngine.UI.Image>().sprite = newInventorySprite;

If you're having difficulty with custom events, I would recommend doing it on one test inventory item without it - just a regular series of Actions that go with the normal "Inventory: Add or remove".  You can look into using custom events / parameters afterwards.