Forum rules - please read before posting.

Need: Scene Loading Delay

Hello All!

I am using the "Scene Loading" options with these options checked:
Always reload scene when loading a save file?
Load scenes asynchronously
Use loading Screen?

Then I am calling the new scene with the Action:
Scene: Switch
Overlay current screen during switch?

The issue is, my loading screens have dialog on them that I want people to read, so I need to make the screen show a little longer. 

How can I put a delay of showing the actual loading screens for 5 to 10 seconds for example? 

Thanks!

Comments

• What's your version number?  If you have Load scenes asynchronously? and Use loading screen? checked, there should be a slider beneath labelled Delay before and after (s).
  • edited October 2016
    Chris:

1.54c

I got the slider that does from 0 to 1. Should I put in .10 for ten seconds?

The way I was reading  "Delay before and after (s)" was the actual delay before and after the Loading Screen is called to Load. 

What I am after is that the Loading Scene itself to pause for 10 seconds, before it executes the new scene it was loading.

In this case, lets say I call Switch scene to load "Level 2". My "Loading Scene Name" is called "LoadingScene". Level 2 is quite small and can load in 2 seconds. I want, when the "LoadingScene" is displaying, to wait 10 seconds before "Level 2" is shown and executed.

I don't mind putting in timer to pause it, but I am not sure what to call when it's done. I was going to look at the progress bar example to get some ideas.

James
  • The loading delay will be used while the loading screen is shown, but 0.10 will be for 0.10s, not 10s.

You could modify SettingsManager.cs (around line 1023) to allow for a higher maximum value, but an alternative would be to not rely on AC's loading screen and write your own a custom Action that loads a new scene based on the value of a global variable.  Essentially you'd set your Global Variable to be the build index of the next "proper" scene, switch to the loading screen directly, and then call AC's own scene-change function in that after an Engine: Wait:

AC.KickStarter.sceneChanger.PreloadScene