Forum rules - please read before posting.

AC turning preventing animation turning...

I've created an animation that causes the player character to climb a spiral staircase. This therefore ought to make quite a significant change to both his XZ and Y positions, but each time the animation ran, the character would only walk in a straight line, rather than the stairs' corkscrew.

After a few goes at following instructions through on other sites, I realised that this was happening because AC was handling the character's rotation, and in doing so prevented the animation from turning the character. I managed to confirm this by setting the motion controls from "Just Turning" to "Manual" and then running the animation in-game.

So, just wanted to check before I go off and write a script to enable/disable AC's turning, am I missing something obvious about animations in AC?

Comments

• No, that's about the size of it.  AC likes to keep control of the rotation so that it can determine/handle character turning as it needs to.  Manipulating the character's motionControl variable to MotionControl.Manual would be required.
  • Okie doke, now that I know for certain, I'll cobble up a custom action to switch the MotionControl setting.