Forum rules - please read before posting.

Disabling menu open on button press when the game isn't in normal state

I have a critical bug on OUYA where the game loses focus of menus if the player accidentally opens the options menu or inventories during a dialog from dialogue system

right now, i have a menu appearing with a toggle key.
I want to disable the menu from appearing if the game isn't in the normal state. i.e if it's in cutscene or in dialogue mode, it shouldn't open the inventory. I can't seem a way to do it from the interefrace and don't know if there's a hook for it in the code.

I'd love some help on how to overcome this, it's preventing the game from being able to be released on that platform.

Thanks!

Comments

• If you lock a Menu, it will never be turned on regardless of it's Appear type setting.  You can lock a Menu either by using the Menu: Change state Action or by directly manipulating it's isLocked variable.  You can access a Menu through script with AC.PlayerMenus.GetMenuWithName ("MyMenuName");

A feature new to v1.51 is the ability to call custom events.  There is one such event called whenever the gameState changes.  You could feasibly write a function that locks these Menus when exiting normal gameplay, and unlocks them when entering it.
  • I'll take a look. for now, i hacked the OuuyaIntergration to ignore controller button presses when they game isn't in normal state, and it seems to work, but it would be good for me to also deal with it when playing on desktop...