Forum rules - please read before posting.

Action list not turning on gameobject?

Hi, I have an ActionList Asset (called from another action list in the scene) whose job it is to simply turn on an object (via Object: Sendmessage Turn On). The object is an empty parent, and it's children are pieces of geometry (I have Send to children option ticked as well.)

I know through logs that it is reaching this action, but for whatever reason the object isn't being turned on. The objects have the correct constantID's etc and no error is appearing in the log so I've no idea why this won''t work.

Any help? Thanks!

Comments

• You might be misunderstanding the purpose of that Action - it sends C# messages, not general commands.  The "Turn On" function is a C# message, and needs a reciever in a script.  This works for e.g. Hotspots because the Hotspot script has a function named "TurnOn", which gets run when calling it with the Object: Send message Action.

What are you trying to do?  Enable the gameobjects?  If so, you will need to write a script on the parent gameobject - with a TurnOn() function that enables the child objects.
  • Ah right I see - yes I misunderstood. So the best course of action is to write a new action which enables all child objects of the parents? Thanks for the reply.
  • Yes, a custom action could do it - or simply a script that the Object: Send message Action (or Object: Call event Action) triggers a function within.  A tutorial on writing custom Action can be found here.