Forum rules - please read before posting.

Action Menu

I want to create an Action Menu, appearing on Mouse Over, with some choice: Use, LookAt, Pull, Talk etc. When i click on an Action the cursor have to change to that interaction and then use the cursor on an hotspot. How can i achieve this?

Thanks

Comments

• Similar to the old Kings Quest games? 
    • Set your Interaction method (in the Settings Manager) to Choose Interaction Then Hotspot. See Section 5.1 of the Manual for more on this mode.
    • Go to the Cursor Manager and define the various verbs you want in the list of Interaction icons.
    • Go to the Menu Manager and create a new Menu that displays these icons inside Interaction elements.  When clicked in-game, the cursor will then change to the appropriate icon.
  • Wow fantastic! it works perfectly! I'm pretty new to Unity and Adventure Creator, thank you very much Chris!!

p.s. yes similar to King Quest.
  • With this configuration, Choose Interaction Then Hotspot, how can i move to a walk-to marker when i click on an hotspot? i mean i can with the interactions (like Use, LookAt), but not with normal walk click. I tried with Walk Icon but did not worked. How can i achieve this?

Thanks!
  • Currently, you can't - though that does sound like a useful feature.  I will look into adding it as part of the upcoming v1.51.
  • Aha! I was looking for a way to do this also.

Thanks Chris looking toward to the new update.
  • I think is a useful feature because if i put an hotspot like a tree with a small hotspot over like a funge and then i click on the funge, the player will walk behind the tree. The "Sam and Max hit the road" interface is a good example. 

Thanks Chris for the answer, will check for the update.