Forum rules - please read before posting.

Scene changer - overlay texture jolt

Hi all. I'm having an issue with the scene changer (Action: Engine - Change scene) and the overlay current scene during switch feature. I've applied this action onto a Trigger2D object to make my character move from one scene to another when exiting the room. Pretty standard stuff. However, the frame that gets "snapshotted" as a texture that overlays the screen is offset from the left side of the screen. Basically, it looks like the whole screen just jolts to the right and then the scene changes. Not sure what's going on here or if anyone else has had this issue.

Comments

• Okay, I just did a build & run and the problem has gone away.

It seems though it's only happening when playing the game inside the Unity Editor, and is most likely capturing data that isn't just game-view, creating an offset. That's my guess anyway.
  • When you test your game in the editor, stretch it's window to full size.
  • You're correct - the offset overlay issue is a Unity Editor issue.  It wasn't always there - seems to have come about due to changes in Unity itsef.  However, as you've said, it doesn't occur in builds.
  • edited December 2015
    Hi, cant switch scenes.
    I use Action: Engine - Change scene, but after clicking on door, screen fades to black.

and here an error: "Scene 'Sc1_indoor' (-1) couldn't be loaded because it has not been added to the build settings or the asset bundle has not been loaded."

how to add scene to build settings?
  • Go to File> Build Settings (left top screen)make sure you added all your scenes to the build so AC can relate to it  by numbers and change the apropriate scenes. This error says you didnt add your scene that you want to load/change.
  • edited December 2015
    so, i must always add all my scenes in Build Settings
  • Unless you want that error keep popping up.

This is not AC's procedure at all , this is how Unity works.
  • i see, thank you