Forum rules - please read before posting.

Tessellation problem

I have just noticed that Adventure Creator - the latest version updated today, seems to disable tessellation?

Does it do something to disable DX11? 

I have just tried two different shaders, UBER, and DX11 Tessellation (Free) They work without Adventure Creator, but as soon as I introduce AC to my project, save, quit and restart, no more Tessellation :( I tried both installing AC first then the shaders, and vice versa.

Any ideas please?

Comments

• There's no intention within AC to disable tessellation - frankly I wouldn't even know how to.

Does this occur in non-AC scenes as well?  If it's only limited to AC scenes, try using the Engine: Manage systems Action to disable the various AC systems - that may give a clue as to what's causing the problem.
  • Thanks. It is fine - up until I introduce AC into the project.

I tried with a new project. I used the free shader "DX11 Tessellation" from the asset store, and UBER shaders. It seems to do the same with both. It is fine - up until I close Unity, and reopen it.

I will try what you suggested and report back right away. Thanks Chris.
  • Just tried again. Completely fresh scene with only a tessellation shader loaded and AC. Same thing.

I only imported AC, and didn't touch anything. Saved, quit and reload.. No tessellation. I am about to try using the Manage Systems thing you suggested..
  • Hmm.. Very odd. I found the solution though.

1) select and apply shaders.
    2) add AC.
    3) Save, quit and reload.
    4) Tessellation has gone.

Solution.

1) Go to build settings. 
    2) Disable DX9 and only select DX11

Tessellation is magically back ~ even after a save, quit and reload.

• oh yes, to get Tessellation back, you need to hit build too ;)
  • I might add, that this has only happened with AC. I was working on my new project for ages before with no problems. 

I know Tessellation is only really for DX11, and my latest project is only aimed at DX11 users, so it's all cool. Going to try it with some heavier shaders now ~ Uber. Will let you know if there are any problems.
  • Yes. It seems that my solution above works for UBER shaders too. So it might work with others.

• It could be that because of AC's Asset Store category that it overwrites certain project settings (in the same way it does for e.g. Inputs) when you first import it.  What gets imported really does seem to be down to Unity / Asset Store itself, but that could account for it.