Forum rules - please read before posting.

Target hotspots in center of screen in UFPS

edited May 2015 in Technical Q&A
Hi Chris,

What's the best way to target hotspots in the center of the screen when using UFPS? 

We were using UFPS's interaction system, but we're switching to Adventure Creator's.

Currently I set:
  • Interface settings > Lock cursor in screen's centre when game begins? ticked
  • Interface settings > Hide cursor when locked in screen's centre? UNticked
  • Hotspot detection method: Mouse Over.
This works fine, but I'd really like to hide the cursor when it's locked, or at least set it to a different cursor image than when the cursor has been toggled into the unlock state. If I hide the cursor, it doesn't detect hotspots.

Am I missing something? Is there a best practice for this? Should I switch to Vicinity and add a narrowly-focused HotspotDetector (with rigidbody)?

Comments

• Even if the mouse cursor is invisible when locked, it should still be detecting Hotspots.  I was going to call it a bug, but looking at the code there's an explicit call to deactivate Hotspots when this is the case.  It must be for a reason, but right now I'm struggling to recall what it is.

I shall decide what to do about it for the next release, but you can fix this easily by opening up PlayerInteraction.cs and removing lines 57-61.
  • Thanks, Chris. I'll do that for now.