Forum rules - please read before posting.

'Object: Transform by' not accurate?

XanXan
edited January 2015 in Technical Q&A
I'm somewhat newish to AC and still fumbling around in its workings, but discovered when I used the 'object: transform by' option, it doesn't move the object accurately. eg I set up a box so when you click on it, it moves in y by 1, and when you click it again, it moves back (y= -1). When I test it, it should move by 1 but instead it moves by approx .990024 (sometimes more, sometimes less). For the puzzle I'm creating, I need it to be precise. The more times I move it back and forth, the more outta whack it gets too. Am I doing something wrong? I also tried moving it by 1.0001 but I still get an odd number as a result (Using unity 4.6.1 and AC 1.4b)

Comments

• Sounds like the way character movement is, impossible to place the character exactly where you want.

Have you tried using animations instead? Those should be as precise as you need them.
  • XanXan
    edited January 2015
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't animating it only send it to a precise location, rather than moving it a precise distance? I need the latter for this particular puzzle because I want the object/s to move around a fair bit. eg objects move a precise distance in one of four directions depending on some variables. I got everything working except the precise movement. Is there another way of doing this?

Note: I'm not a programmer/coder so I'm limited by what AC can do.
  • Reproduced.  Will try to fix it in time for 1.42.
  • You're awesome!!!!!!!!