Forum rules - please read before posting.

Menu Appear as one type and Disappear as another?

I'd like my inventory to pop up in the middle of the screen when an inventory button is pressed (type: On Input Key) or by an action like picking up an inventory item (open inventory, fade in new icon), then disappear when my cursor leaves the inventory menu (type: Mouse Over). This way my inventory gets out of the way when dragging an icon off my inventory menu and allows the player to drop it on a hotspot.

Any thoughts on how to implement something like this, or maybe there is something obvious I'm overlooking?

Thanks!
~Jeremiah

Comments

• The "Appear Type: On Input Key" is there more for convenience than anything - there's other ways to do it.

Instead, you can have a looping ActionList that runs in the background.  Make it check continually for the input (with the Input: Check Action).  If it returns true, and the menu is Off (check with the Menu: Check state Action), then unlock the Menu (with the Menu: Change state Action).