Forum rules - please read before posting.

Slider -ActionList on change-

Hi, I have a slider and I want to execute an action list when the variable associated to the slider reaches a value. The action is more or less "if the variable is less than 50 then run an animation" I call the action list from the ActionList on change box, but it's not working.
I assume that the action list is called every time the slider increases or decreases, is that correct?

This is my configuration.
https://pasteboard.co/zrSheGgCbYrK.jpg

Comments

• That's correct - what does your "FrameEventHealthPostProcess" ActionList look like?

Generally, this should be a simple background ActionList that simply checks the value. If you want it to then run something more substantial (e.g. a line from the Player), you can then follow it up with an ActionList: Run Action to run a separate ActionList (that can optionally block gameplay) if the condition is met.

• Thanks Chris
    FrameEventHealthPostProcess is only a -comment as info- for testing.

By the way, mi software is
    Unity 2021.3.4f1
    AC 1.75.3

• This is weird, if I turn on the option -User can change value?- and I change the slider by clicking on it, it works and the comment is displayed.

But if I change the slider by changing the associated variable, the action list is not executed (although the slider graphic changes properly)

• Thanks for the details.

By design - the ActionList will run as the result of the Slider being maniuplated directly.

How are you updating the variable? If this is using the Variable: Set Action, it sounds like it may be best to run your "FrameEventHealthPostProcess" ActionList afterwards.

Otherwise, a custom script that listens to changes in variable values would be viable as well - the OnVariableChange custom event will fire at this time.

• Ok I understand.

Im going to chnage the variable by Variable: Set Action in a lot of places here and there and then check the value of the variable to perform some visual changes if necessary. ActionList on change was a helpful shortcut.

I will check the custom event approach.

Thank you!