Forum rules - please read before posting.

Get Player problem

Hey Chris,

I am making a Customization menu and i am using UnityUI prefab, i have a custom script at the prefab that gets the current player with
player = AC.KickStarter.player.gameObject;
or with
player = FindObjectOfType().gameObject; (Which is a script with info on each Player)

I am calling this funtion from a custom Action List which is being called after I switch the Player but the result is a missing GameObject even though i print the proper player.

If I call the same function in update of the Menu prefab then i am getting the proper player each time.

Is there a delay from switching to one player to another and the call of my action that could result to a missing gameobject maybe...?

https://imgur.com/a/49sQE3q

Comments

• Try inserting an Engine: Wait Action of -1 second to delay the next Action by a single frame.

However, the best way to react to a change in Player character is to rely on the OnSetPlayer custom event. This event will be fired once a new Player has been spawned and set up, and also passes the new Player as a parameter, i.e.:

private void OnEnable () { EventManager.OnSetPlayer += OnSetPlayer; }
    private void OnDisable () { EventManager.OnSetPlayer -= OnSetPlayer; }

private void OnSetPlayer (Player player)
    {
        //
    }

This would be placed in the scene inside a regular MonoBehaviour script, rather than a custom Action.

• Thanks Chris, it works better now.