Forum rules - please read before posting.

Cutscenes of pictures and dialogues with busts

Sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker. Our team would like to purchase your engine, but we need some features that are not in the tutorial videos. We need the ability to create cut scenes from pictures like a comic book. And full-fledged pictures of characters with different emotions in the dialogues.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @Leprikon01.

Would these be regular cutscenes, or interactive on the part of the player?

If you'd like to share screenshots of videos of what you'd be looking to achieve, I can advise more specificially. However, you may find that Unity's Timeline feature - which AC supports - is capable of creating this kind of sequence.

There are also dedicated assets out there for "comic book" like sequences such as this one. AC can be used in conjunction with other assets such as this, it's just a case of allowing another asset to take over during this time.

It's a bit of an open-ended topic because each situation is different, but the Manual's "Integrating other gameplay" chapter covers the main principles.

I would recommend looking into Timeline, or a dedicated asset, on its own first - and then incorporating AC into the mix once you're happy with a technique.

• Here are fragments from our previous game. We used to use RPG maker to develop our games, but now we would like to switch to a more suitable engine.

• Thanks for the details.

From what I'm seeing, I'd say Timeline would be a good fit for it. AC's Speech track can be used to play character speech during Timeline sequences, so you could rely on Unity's Animation and Activation tracks for the character portraits (using a Unity UI Canvas and a pair of Images on the sides), and AC's Speech track for the subtitles that appear.

You could also opt to rely on AC's Character Portrait system - tutorials on this can be found here. By default, only the portrait for the currently-speaking character would be shown, but you can use scripting to get around that. An example of this can be found in the "UI template: Gabriel Knight conversations" package over on the Downloads page, but personally I'd give Timeline a try first.