Forum rules - please read before posting.

"Move To Point" and "Always Run"

During one section of my game I want the player character to run everywhere. I am using Player: Constrain > Always Run. This works for general movement and hotspot 'walk to marker' movement, but does not override Character: Move to point actions with Move speed set to Walk. Is there an easy way to make it do that?

I realize I could use a variable check to decide between two Character: Move to point actions, one with Move speed = walk and one with Move speed = run, but I use a lot of these actions, so I am checking to see if there is an easier solution before I take on that task!

Comments

• This should be possible with a simple script that hooks into the OnCharacterSetPath custom event to modify the Player's isRunning variable based on their movement lock:

using UnityEngine;
    using AC;

public class RetainPlayerMoveSpeed : MonoBehaviour
    {

private void OnEnable () { EventManager.OnCharacterSetPath += OnCharacterSetPath; }
        private void OnDisable () { EventManager.OnCharacterSetPath -= OnCharacterSetPath; }

private void OnCharacterSetPath (Char character, Paths path)
        {
            if (character == KickStarter.player)
            {
                if (KickStarter.player.runningLocked == PlayerMoveLock.AlwaysRun)
                {
                    character.isRunning = true;
                }
                else if (KickStarter.player.runningLocked == PlayerMoveLock.AlwaysWalk)
                {
                    character.isRunning = false;
                }
            }
        }

}

• Yep! That's done the trick! Thank you very much, Chris :)