Forum rules - please read before posting.

Camera switch issue

Hello,

I have a problem with the camera layers when switching to another camera.

In my scene I have created 2 cubes and 2 cameras and I have set different layers for each cube, so that camera 1 can only see for example ( the red cube) and camera 2 only sees (the blue cube) however, the issue is when switching from camera 1 to camera 2, there is a millisecond time that camera 2 will see the red cube which is only camera 1 is supposed to see and vice versa. Please find the attached video for more details.
Unity version: 2021.
AC: Latest.

Comments

• I'm not clear of the scene's layout - are these two cubes next to each other, and is this a case of using the Camera's Culling Mask to affect what it can render?

The MainCamera does not update its own Culling Mask when switching GameCamera - are you using a custom script to transfer its values?

• Yes the 2 cubes are next to each other and yes I’m using Camera’s culling mask.

I’m only using a script called “ac culling” on the main camera so that other game cameras can have their own culling mask
  • I would need to see the script, in that case.

• `using UnityEngine;
    using AC;

public class AC_CameraCulling : MonoBehaviour
    {
    //AC main Camera
    MainCamera _mainCamera;

void Awake()
    {
        //get the AC Main Camera component from the current Unity MainCamera.
        _mainCamera = GameObject.FindGameObjectWithTag("MainCamera").GetComponent<MainCamera>();
    }

void Update()
    {
        if (_mainCamera.attachedCamera != null)
        {
            Camera.main.backgroundColor = _mainCamera.attachedCamera.GetComponent<Camera>().backgroundColor;
            Camera.main.cullingMask = _mainCamera.attachedCamera.GetComponent<Camera>().cullingMask;

//add more properties here if you want.
        }
    }

}`

• This is the script

• You might get by with replacing "Update" with "LateUpdate", but it may be better to rewrite it to involve use of the OnSwitchCamera custom event:

using UnityEngine;
    using AC;

public class AC_CameraCulling : MonoBehaviour
    {

private void OnEnable () { EventManager.OnSwitchCamera += SwitchCamera; }
        private void OnDisable () { EventManager.OnSwitchCamera -= SwitchCamera; }

private void SwitchCamera (_Camera old, _Camera newCamera, float tt)
        {
            Camera.main.backgroundColor = newCamera.Camera.backgroundColor;
            Camera.main.cullingMask = newCamera.Camera.cullingMask;
        }

}

• I have tested the script and it works well so far. I will do more testing and inform you back. Thank you for your hard work.