Forum rules - please read before posting.

how to detect when player stops moving

I want to create an idle random animation after some time after player has not moved. There are quite a lot of character movement handling in AC. I was wondering if there would be a hook for player movement status or similar to use.

Comments

• The OnCharacterSetPath and OnCharacterEndPath custom events are fired when a character begins and ends pathfinding, but you can also brute-force a check by reading:

if (AC.KickStarter.player.charState == AC.CharState.Idle) { }

• Is there a AC variable or an event to watch to see when the random idle counter should not be on?

• What do you mean by "random idle counter"? Are you referring to a custom script?

• Yes, I'm using that method above to detect when player is on idle.

I have it like this:

if (!idleAnimRunning) {
            if (AC.KickStarter.player.charState == AC.CharState.Idle && AC.KickStarter.) { 
                idleTime += Time.deltaTime;
                if (idleTime > idleAnimMinimun) {
                    idleAnimMinimun = Random.Range(7.0f, 10.0f);
                    idleTime = 0; // todo anims here
                }
            } else {
                idleTime = 0;
            }
        }

• But I need some kind of a Gameplay-mode detection to go with it.

• You can check if you're currently in gameplay by reading:

AC.KickStarter.stateHandler.IsInGameplay ()

• I think that brute force approach is making a mess, and need to do another script with delegates. Is there delegates for player stop and starts moving? I may need to set one for the inventory?

• See my first reply regarding the OnCharacterSetPath and OnCharacterEndPath events - these are called when characters begin and end pathfinding.