Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to use / purpose of "Add Journal Page" or "Remove(...)" under "Menu > Change state"?

Hey, I'm confused about the purpose of "Add Journal Page" and its "Remove..." counterpart. I have an Actionlist that runs "Document: Open" for my Inventory Document 'Book o' Chungus' , then I have a "Menu: Change state" that runs "Add Journal Page" for menu "Document" with Journal element "PageText", adding gibberish at index 0. However, no page is added.

If I change the Document menu to open Manually instead of "On View Document", and try to add a page, that does not work either, _but _if I use "Remove Single Page" instead, that seems to remove the page text (at least the current placeholder text).

So I'm not sure how "Add" or "Remove Journal Page" is supposed to be used. Can Documents not be modified? Is it supposed to be used in conjunction with Menus that have Journal elements that are Manually opened? (but again I couldn't get that to work when I tried it) Use with Journal Type "New Journal"?

Thanks for the continued help. (I'm trying out Menus on page 180 in the manual, but also searched the manual for more help but didn't come across what I thought was meaningful to my problem.)

Comments

• Though they share similarities, Journals and Documents are two different entities.

A Journal's pages are dynamic. An initial set of pages can be set from within the Journal menu element, and then others added to it using the "Add Journal Page" command. A tutorial on their usage can be found here.

A Document's pages are fixed, and cannot be added to at runtime.

What's the scenario?

• I was just reading the manual and testing it and trying to figure it out. I think I have a better understanding now, though I'll probably have other related questions soon.