Forum rules - please read before posting.

Audio - controling volume of sounds played in c#

Unity Ver: 2019.4.18f1
AC Ver: 1.73.8

Hello,

I'm starting to add a few sound effects into my game. The vast majority of these are played in action lists, but player sounds are done from various C# classes.

I want to ensure that all sound effects abide to the volume level set via the AC options menu in game. How would I ensure the sounds played in scripts respect that?

Thanks!

Comments

• The easiest way is to rely on AC's Audio Mixer Groups option, which controls volume by adjusting the attenuation of individual Speech/SFX/Music mixer groups. Including custom audio in those volume controls is then just a matter of assigning the appropriate mixer group to the AudioSource.

This tutorial covers the process of working with mixer groups.

• edited August 2021

Thanks Chris. All up and running in less than 15 mins. Another win for AC!

• Bonus side question @ChrisIceBox; someone popped up and asked would it be possible to alter the volume slider using the mouse scroll wheel. Is that a bit too advanced for a pure AC menu?

• You can't control an AC Slider directly that way, but if you update the volume directly then the element should update to reflect the change:

float speechVolume = AC.Options.GetSpeechVolume ();
    AC.Options.SetSpeechVolume (speechVolume);

float sfxVolume = AC.Options.GetSFXVolume ();
    AC.Options.SetSFXVolume (sfxVolume);

float musicVolume = AC.Options.GetMusicVolume ();
    AC.Options.SetMusicVolume (musicVolume);