Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot Highlight for 2D?

Hi! Still loving using Adventure Creator :)

I was playing around with adding a highlight to my hotspot items, but the tutorial (https://adventurecreator.org/tutorials/interactions-101-simple-door) mentioned needing a mesh renderer and my game is built with sprite renderers. Is there a way to have a mesh... wrap around a sprite some how, or to expand the highlight to accept sprite renderers? Or should I do some kinda custom hotspot mouseover? (I'm on an older version, so maybe this is something thats doable in new versions and I just need to bite the bullet and spend some time upgrading?)

Thank you!

Comments

• The built-in Highlight component works by brightening the _Color property of the Renderer's Material.

This isn't possible with Sprites Default materials, but should work if your sprites use Sprites Diffuse.

Alternatively, you can use the Highlight component's event system to rely on custom highlight effect. This wiki script, for example, uses a third-party asset to add an outline effect instead.

• Thank you! You're always so quick to reply and informative :)