Forum rules - please read before posting.

Speech Text Scroll Question

Is there any option to set that version of speech text scrolling, I set speed of text scroll and player has to wait until it finish, after player can clicks mouse left button and skip to next Subtitles (action). So I don't want to set time before he can skip it etc...Just the Subtitles scrolls, and after it finished user can click left mouse button and skip it, under scrolling the system doesn't allow to display the full text first and after skip to next Speech text. So only scrolling and after it finished, after user can click left mouse button. I hope I could explain it clearly.

Thank you very much in advance!

Comments

• Not currently - but that's a good suggestion! I shall see if that behaviour can be added as an option.

• edited December 2020

Sounds real good - I was having a conversation with another AC user just yesterday about whether this would be possible.

In context, we were wondering how a text cursor or button could be made to appear once all the text had appeared, indicating to the user that they could now click to progress, bringing the "out of the box" AC behaviour more in line with that of recent adventure game UI design.

• For that, you'd hook into the OnEndSpeechScroll event - which is called once a speech line has completed its scrolling.