Forum rules - please read before posting.

No Linked Canvas can be found!

Hello!

I’m in the process of adapting Unity UI prefabs to Unity UI in scene. This works for the Hotspot menu and for an extra menu (containing Global Variables displaying score). When trying to set up the menu for Subtitles in scene, I followed the same steps taken for adding Hotspot menu to the scene; add UI prefab to scene, unpack completely, reset the Constant ID components so we have unique IDs, set Render Mode on the Canvas to Screen Space - Camera, and then set up the slots in the AC Menu Manager accordingly.

When running the scene, my player detects a Hotspot (by vicinity), the Hotspot menu appears, but when Interaction A or B is pressed I get the following output in Console:

The Menu 'Subtitles' has its Source set to UnityUiInScene, but no Linked Canvas can be found!

I’ve been going over my settings and steps taken, these appear to be in order—and it works for the Hotspot menu—but I can’t figure why this doesn’t work for the Subtitles menu. It seems everything is set up correctly, the menu is also disabled/not visible when running the scene (so I assume AC is aware of it). Could it be a bug somehow?

I came across this post which is related but from 2019:
https://adventurecreator.org/forum/discussion/8792/menu-manager-sporadically-loses-unity-ui-prefab-link

I’m using Adventure Creator 1.72.0 with Unity 2019.4.8

From the debug logger:

-> AC debug logger
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object, Object)
AC.ACDebug:LogWarning(Object, Object) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/ACDebug.cs:33)
AC.Menu:LoadUnityUI() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/Menu.cs:394)
AC.PlayerMenus:AssignSpeechToMenu(Speech) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:2315)
AC.Dialog:StartDialog(Char, String, Boolean, Int32, Boolean, Boolean, AudioClip) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Speech/Dialog.cs:164)
AC.ActionSpeech:StartSpeech(AudioClip) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionSpeech.cs:797)
AC.ActionSpeech:Run() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionSpeech.cs:172)
AC.<RunAction>d__34:MoveNext() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:374)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
AC.ActionList:ProcessAction(Int32) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:327)
AC.ActionList:BeginActionList(Int32, Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:294)
AC.ActionList:Interact(Int32, Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:195)
AC.ActionList:Interact() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:158)
AC.<UseObject>d__35:MoveNext() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:1474)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
AC.PlayerInteraction:ClickButton(InteractionType, Int32, InvInstance, Hotspot) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:1033)
AC.PlayerInteraction:HandleInteraction() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:730)
AC.PlayerInteraction:ContextSensitiveClick() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:608)
AC.PlayerInteraction:HandleInteractionMenu() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:197)
AC.PlayerInteraction:UpdateInteraction() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:124)
AC.StateHandler:Update() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:205)

Comments