Forum rules - please read before posting.

Adventure Creator broke and is impossible to even start this game.

The game Lorelai uses the Adventure Creator asset.
And the thing is that many people (me included) encounter an error in the game, if a random bug appears and then someone saves the game, the save and the ENTIRE GAME breaks.
Then, no matter was scene I load when I start the game: level0, level1, level2, the game menu, the final boss battle, no matter what, the game is just broken.

And no matter if I delete the game save files from my pc, if I delete everything about the game from steam, or if I uninstall the game and reinstall it, or change the quality of the game, even if I delete all about Unity and the game from the Registry, the game is ALWAYS completely broken.
No matter what I do, something about Adveture Creator save system and that bug broke the game completely.

And I know that you could say that is not an issue about Adventure Creator but the game itself, but I TRIED EVERYTHING to fix the game and I read a post similar about Adventure Creator and the fragility of the save system in here: https://adventurecreator.org/forum/discussion/2501/playing-around-with-options-and-playerprefs-totally-broke-ac-help

So please, I need help, I have to know if there are saved files in my computer, anywhere in my computer , about the Adventure Creator asset. If there is just a single file that this assets saves in my computer I need to delete it to reinstall the game Lorelai and try to fix it.

I read about people that had this error until they made a clean windows reinstall, I don't want to do the same. Help me fix this problem.

Comments

• edited June 2020

Welcome to the community, @INEEDHELP.

To be clear: you're a purchaser of the game Lorelai, and not a user of AC?

The issue you've linked to is five years old - I wouldn't rely on that for suggestions, as both AC and Unity are very different to what they were back then.

Certainly you shouldn't have to resort to reinstalling windows. So long as you've deleted the save files, and removed data related to Unity's PlayerPrefs with regedit, then that should count as a game data reset.

Though: that should be the case with Unity in general. There's no way for me to tell from this if your problem is specifically about AC, as I'm not involved with the game itself. That AC is used in a project does not mean that it's the only asset at work.

This will be something you need to get in touch with the game's developer about. If they can recreate your issue and determine that it's AC-related, I can work with them to find a solution.