I have added a script to the AC wiki that allows you to separate the two more easily:
https://adventure-creator.fandom.com/wiki/Adding_a_separate_crosshair
Audio isn't my forte, but others have already written integrations mentioned in threads you've posted in - you should try contacting them directly to ask if they'd be willing to share their code.
The ability to associate a cursor icon with an Inventory Use interaction is only available if your Settings Manager's Inventory interactions field is set to Multiple. Is this the case? If not, how are you looking to associate the two together? Na…
If you're using a custom script to drive your UI cursor's appearance based on Animator parameter values, it'll be down to the way your Animator transitions are set up.
I'm only mentioning the script at this stage - it will have to be adapted to be compatible with Input System. First, we'll need to be sure of which Manager field values should be changed through the script.
You say the script works when switching …
Here's an update that should sort out the click/navigation issues. It also provides EnableUp / DisableLeft etc functions that can be called in a similar way to enable/disable specific directions:
using System;using UnityEngine;using UnityEngine.UI…
I believe I've recreated this - if it's the same issue, you can disregard the above.
Try checking Always reload scene when loading a save file? in the Settings Manager's "Scene loading" panel - does that fix it?
Sorry, but I will need more clarification. When I test this in VS, the header lists both the object's type, and GameObject name.
Are you looking to replace this with the "in-game" name, i.e. the character's speaker label, if set?
(Quote)
Apologies for the confusion - but yes, that's what I was getting at.
You should be able to eliminate the popping further by using the same technique with two such areas, instead of one, positioned at the two corners at the foot of the stair…
Welcome to the community, @MartinGo.
Does the scene have a local Player object, i.e. a Player character within the scene file while in Edit mode? If so, this will override the spawned Player - assigned in the Settings Manager - for the duration of…
In a backup/duplicate project, does this issue occur with the latest AC release as well?
Have a look at the UI's Hierarchy at the time the issue occurs - what parent objects does it have, and are they disabled when the Menu should display?
Share s…
Your video shows no speech from either the narrator nor the player.
As you're controlling the cursor's display with animator parameters, what are the parameter values when the issue occurs vs when it works?
I'm afraid I can't recreate an issue using a Menu with the details you've shared.
In a backup/duplicate project, import the latest AC release from the Package Manager and see if the issue persists.
If so, I'll need a .unitypackage of your assets -…
(Quote)
Currently there is no custom event hook for the case that the cursor is locked or unlocked, but I saw the need for this as I was writing the script above. I shall look to see if this can be introduced in the next update.
(Quote)
That's my …
It looks like 2 Sorting Maps will need to be involved - this is typically true if you have a given pixel on the screen where a character could be positioned at two different scales, in this case, a little-ways up from the bottom of the staircase.
I…
The "All Except Specific Characters" option may be better worded as "All Characters Except Specific Characters". It should be that narration is excluded by default - is that not the case?