Hello,
me again with another proposal:
Right now, creating sub-objectives in Adventure Creator means assigning them to a shared inventory category, which feels a bit awkward and unintuitive. This setup seems to mix two unrelated systems. It also creates a kind of “fake hierarchy,” where sub-objectives only appear grouped but aren’t actually connected. They are merely grouped by a tag instead of being true children of a parent objective. This makes quest organization less clear and can quickly clutter up the Inventory Manager.
It would be much cleaner if objectives could directly contain sub-objectives, forming a true hierarchy inside the Objective system itself. That way, a parent objective could naturally hold its related tasks without relying on external categories, keeping everything self-contained and easier to maintain.
Also, the objective related actions in actionlists cannot target sub-objectives properly at the moment.
And a condition to get a certain amount of sub-objectives to consider the parent objective finished would be useful. Taking the example from the manual, there is progress once you talked to 3 out of five towns people.
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Comments
Thanks for the feedback.
I'm open to suggestions, here.
Sure, let me make it specific. My perfect solution would look like this:
Use case: "Talk to the townspeople" when the objective starts, "I talked to the townspeople. Those stupid buggers did not know anything" when it ends.
This custom Action will start all objectives within a given category:
This component will let an Objective state fulful it's "All Sub-objectives Complete" requirement with a set-number of completed sub-objectives:
Thank you! Exceeding expectations, as always.
Hi @ChrisIceBox,
with some tinkering, your scripts and some inspiration from the wiki I got my objectives workflow going.
One more suggestion though:
Objectives should also have a "label (if not name)" field like almost everything else. There are many features where you need to display objective names, and different ways how to achieve that - for example via an inventory box set to objectives.
However, they show the name which I use in my technical actionlists and scripts to refer to these objectives.
I dont want to put "Quest: Füttere die 13 Braunbären" as a technical objective name, but neither do I want "Q_bears" to be displayed in the objective list.
So a different label than name would really come in handy.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it some thought.