Forum rules - please read before posting.

Portrait doesn't show.

I followed this guide to setup a portrait imagen (animated) of my protagonist:

Here you have 2 screenshots of my menus:

Character prefab inspector (I erased texture and label since its not my art, but those fields have their name and their spritesheet of the character talking assigned):
https://imgur.com/a/COGimbW

AC manager, menu options:
https://imgur.com/a/4xjCXlj

When I press play and I make the character do the "use" action on an item that has dialogue, the text and name appears correctly (even with the new sizes) but not the image...

Thanks in advance and sorry for the inconvenience.

Comments

• edited January 2022

All looks OK from the screenshots. I take it the element previews correctly in the Game Window while in Edit Mode?

As a test, assign a "Background texture" in the "Portrait Graphic" element's properties - does that show up in the correct place, even if the portrait itself doesn't?

What is the result of unchecking "Animate?" in the character's "Portrait graphic" texture field? If it shows, tick it again and check that your assigned texture asset has "Read/Write" enabled. This is necessary for texture-based animations to play, though you should be getting a Console warning it this is the case.

• edited January 2022

Hey, Chris.

Checked everything you told me. The background texture, make the dialog box own a background texture correctly.

When I uncheck "Animate?" nothing changes and the portrait is still not shown. Also, went to the asset and turned "Read/Write" to enable (it was disabled). Anyway, even turned to Enable, it still doesn't show.

• Where can I find the guide for animated protrait Image?

• The background texture, make the dialog box own a background texture correctly.

What was the result of doing so? Does the background texture appear, either at runtime or while previewing the menu in Edit mode?

Where can I find the guide for animated protrait Image?

A series of tutorials can be found beginning here.

• Texture appears both at runtime and Edit menu at preview.

• edited January 2022

I'll need to see the assets myself to diagnose the problem.

If you can create a .unitypackage file that includes your Managers, the character, their portraits texture(s), and a sample scene that has the character speaking, PM it to me and I'll take a look on my end.