Forum rules - please read before posting.

Feature Request: Configurable Action width in the ActionList Editor

I am continuously sad about the fixed width of the Actions in the ActionList editor. The field that hold values like cameras, markers, cutscene and variable names are too narrow and are not able to provide the informations one needs to work properly.

E.g. global variables in my game are grouped in a path structure (e.g. "MI/Marktplatz/Postamt/Brief geschickt") and only the beginning of the variable name is shown, which ends in clicking the combobox and searching through the variable tree to find which one is referenced in the Action.

Is there any chance to build in a configurable width for Actions so that value fields can show more characters of the captions/values? This would save me SO MUCH work and time.

Unity 2018.4.36f and AC 1.74.2

Comments

• Node widths are fixed for all Actions, rather than per-node, but you can adjust this width from AC's Editor preferences, accessable from the Project Settings tab.

• edited November 2021

I'll +1 this. I've stumbled a number of times not knowing what object an action is actually referencing because only the beginning portion of its name is visible. Would be great to, somehow, have longer fields.

• edited November 2021

Node widths are fixed for all Actions, rather than per-node, but you can adjust this width from AC's Editor preferences, accessable from the Project Settings tab.

Oh thanks that is useful! Pro tips!

• Guess I have a little problem here: I don't have any AC preferences in the Project Settings tab!?!

• edited November 2021

Ah, apologies. The editor preferences are only available in Unity 2019.2 and later.

In earlier versions, you'll have to manually replace the default width (300) with your own within the ACEditorPrefs script file. In the current release, this is on line 193:

private static int DefaultActionNodeWidth
    {
        get
        {
            return 300;
        }
    }

• Thank you! Wow, what a relief! Finally I am able to see what values are set. And even the "Auto-arrange" function adapts to the new grid size.

Any chance to make it configurable in 2018 versions of Unity, maybe in the Action preferences in the "AC Game Editor" tab? Otherwise you have to change the value after every update of AC.

• I will give it some thought.