Forum rules - please read before posting.

Weird bug

I have this interaction where i give an item to an NPC and get another item. But once the interaction is executed - the NPC loses all it's interactions and i see errors in the log:

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Int32].get_Item (Int32 index) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:633)
AC.PlayerInteraction.GetActiveInvButtonID () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:1187)
AC.PlayerInteraction.RestoreHotspotInteraction () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:1269)
AC.PlayerInteraction.ContextSensitiveClick_Process (Boolean doubleTap, AC.Hotspot newHotspot) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:444)
AC.PlayerInteraction.ContextSensitiveClick () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:393)
AC.PlayerInteraction.UpdateInteraction () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:125)
AC.StateHandler.Update () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:150)

here's a screenshot of the entire interaction. not sure what's wrong
similar interactions with different items seem to work just fine.

Comments

• all the other interactions seemed to be fine. When i removed and readded that interaction, the bug moved to a different interaction (another gem).
    i'm suspecting something int he character's prefab but don't know what to check.
  • This is in 1.40. I've worked around it for now by adding more invertory interactions - I will upgrade to 1.41 and see if this comes back.