Forum rules - please read before posting.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

edited December 2014 in Technical Q&A
I get this error whenever I'm trying to play my scene, it won't let me play it unless this error disappear ....

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
AC.Player.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/Player.cs:119)

NOTE : Also I'm integrating with UFPS

Did I miss something here? Is there a slot that I haven't put anything? Which one?

Comments

• Is that the full console error message? And what version are you using?  The line that it's referring to shouldn't cause any errors.
  • edited December 2014
    I'm using the latest version of AC, latest version of UFPS either, there's more errors, I will get it back to you, hold on. Let me open my Unity

EDIT : If you need more screenshots, I can give it to you....
  • edited December 2014
    @ChrisIceBox Yeah, the one that I mentioned is the full ones, nothing else, but if you talking about other errors, I have posted it above, check it out. It talked about tags and blablabla......

This is full console error message for tag ones:

UnityException: Tag: PersistentEngine is not defined!
    UnityEngine.GameObject.FindWithTag (System.String tag) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/EditorGenerated/UnityEngineGameObject.cs:451)
    AC.Char.Start () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/Char.cs:220)

Also in tutorial of integrating with UFPS, you said the prefab we have made should be moved to resources folder then delete it on scene and use it as default player by put the prefab in character setting (settings tab)

Did I put this prefab in correct folder? Is this the problem or else?

• EDIT : NVM about this, I've created a new project, start from scratch, and ... no errors so far, I think other plugins cause the problem because I haven't import any plugins besides AC and UFPS

I will do a new thread/reply if I have problem
  • edited December 2014
    [DELETED]