Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot labels on Objectives Menu 'doubling'

I've been fiddling around with this one for a while and not found a way to solve it...

I'm still using the AC menus to prototype so I imagine it's something I can sort once I switch to Unity UI for menus, but it's a bit irritating for playtesting so I'm hoping there's an option for it somewhere in AC:

On my Objectives Menu, when you hover over an element from my Inventory List, it works like a hotspot and displays its name above the cursor like a regular Hotspot. see image https://imgur.com/7nCjBbI

Is it possible to swtich that off?

Here are my Menu's properties: https://imgur.com/3bbQFWL

An additional yet related question - Is it possible within the AC menus to tell the selected member of the Inventory List to stay the highlighted colour until another item from the list is selected? This would also aid playability.

Thanks.

Comments

• Is it possible to swtich that off?

That may be a bug - I'll attempt a recreation on my end.

Either way, you can temporarily lock your Hotspot menu when your Objectives menu turns on (and unlock it again when it turns off) with a Menu: Change state Action defined in an ActionList assigned as your Objective menu's "ActionList when turn on/off" properties.

Is it possible within the AC menus to tell the selected member of the Inventory List to stay the highlighted colour until another item from the list is selected?

In the Settings Manager you can set the Selected item's display to Show Selected Graphic, and then assign a separate "selected texture" for the item in the Inventory Manager.

To change the colour as it appears in the menu, this would be possible with a simple script if/once your menu relies on Unity UI.

• Great, thanks Chris. The Menu: Change State worked nicely to stop the subtitles appearing.

I can't understand why I had to lock the 'hotspot' menu rather than the 'subtitles' menu - is it because the hotspot menu triggers the subtitles?

• To clarify: It's not a bug - your Objectives menu is listing inventory items. But locking the Menu would still be the workaround.

What you're seeing aren't subtitles - which is for speech played via the Dialogue: Play speech Action. Any "hover" text, gotten from hovering over Hotspots, inventory items, or other menus elements is classified as Hotspot text.

• Thanks. Yeah, I see now.

I'm going to switch over to your new Objectives menu at some point, (super excited about that!) where I imagine the problem won't exist, but is useful to be able to turn it off for now.
    Cheers.