Forum rules - please read before posting.

Crossfade Music

edited May 2020 in Technical Q&A

I realize is that if you reduce the music volume in the settings, when you make a crossfade switching scene the music volume change a bit during this fade.

Comments

• Sorry, I don't quite follow that. Could you rephrase? If you've encountered an issue, it would be best to get steps that I can follow to recreate it.

• Sorry, I tried to edit the original post but couldn't.

I found 2 minor problems with audio.

1. Crossfade Music: If I reduce the music volume in the settings and I do a crossfade music during the game, sometimes you can hear a sudden change of volume.

1. Fade out music: If you create a long fade out like 8 seconds and you put a sequence of speeches after that fade out, if you skip the speeches fast the music stop playing instantly.
  • Crossfade Music: If I reduce the music volume in the settings and I do a crossfade music during the game, sometimes you can hear a sudden change of volume.

Louder or quieter, and at what point - during the crossfade? Are you relying on Audio Mixer Groups?

Fade out music: If you create a long fade out like 8 seconds and you put a sequence of speeches after that fade out, if you skip the speeches fast the music stop playing instantly.

Are you skipping the speech with "SkipSpeech", or the ActionList they're a part of with "EndCutscene"? If the latter, this would be the expected behaviour - since skipping a fade-out Action will cause it to stop instantly.

You can precede this with an ActionList: Check Action to determine if the ActionList is currently being skipped, and avoid running this Action if so.