Forum rules - please read before posting.

Bug with PM Variable

Hello,

I noticed a few serious bugs with the Playmaker variable.

1.Any AC global variable linked to playmaker global variable, does not update in AC Variable Manager when changing values through playmaker..

1. Any AC global variable linked to playmaker global variable, does not reset when using Engine > End Game > Restart Game ..

Comments

1. The AC variable will not update every frame - it will only update when its value is specifically requested via e.g. an Action.

Ignoring the Variables Manager for the moment, is it correct when using the Variable: Check Action to read it?

1. Is Update PM for initial value? checked or unchecked?
  • Ignoring the Variables Manager for the moment, is it correct when using the Variable: Check Action to read it?

Yes it is correct even tho its not updating.

Is Update PM for initial value? checked or unchecked?

I tried them both, checked and unchecked, but when I restart the game it still wont reset to the original value.

• Yes it is correct even tho its not updating

As intended, in that case. The linking system works by updating the AC variable upon request, to ensure that the link is able to work two-ways.

I tried them both, checked and unchecked, but when I restart the game it still wont reset to the original value.

It will need to be unchecked, because AC won't know what the initial value is otherwise. I cannot reproduce this issue with it unchecked, however - can you share steps on how to do so from a fresh AC/PM project?

• As intended, in that case. The linking system works by updating the AC variable upon request, to ensure that the link is able to work two-ways.

So, just to get this right, it will not update when changing the value through Playmaker, but has to be changed through AC in order to be updated? In that case, isn't there a way to make it update thtough Playmaker?

It will need to be unchecked, because AC won't know what the initial value is otherwise. I cannot reproduce this issue with it unchecked, however - can you share steps on how to do so from a fresh AC/PM project?

I started a fresh project and I can't seem to recreate the issue, even tho I followed the same steps... In that case, this may be a problem from my project.. I'll try to figure out what the issue is.

• So, just to get this right, it will not update when changing the value through Playmaker, but has to be changed through AC in order to be updated? In that case, isn't there a way to make it update thtough Playmaker?

AC will transfer the value from Playmaker when its value is requested internally. You can force its value to be transferred, however, with the line:

GVar myACVariable = GlobalVariables.GetVariable ("MyVariableName", true);

The "true" parameter here is used to synchronise its with its PM-linked counterpart.

If necessary, you could place such code in a custom script's public function, and then trigger that function with a send-message command from Playmaker.