Forum rules - please read before posting.

Music doesn't stop across scenese

Hi,
I'm having an issue with "Sound:::::: > Play music". When starting scene 1, I play a short intro music track (track #1) followed by a queued looping track (track #2). When I enter scene 2, I stop the music with a fade-out time of 1.5 seconds. (please see screenshot)

The problem is that if I go from scene 1 to scene 2 while track #2 is playing, the music does not stop. However, if I attempt this while track #1 is playing, it does work.

Any thoughts?

I'm using AC 1.68.3 and Unity 2019.1.10.f1.

screenshot

Comments

• I shall attempt a recreation. Does your ambient sfx sound succesfully play in both cases?

• @ChrisIceBox Yes, the ambient sound is fine in both cases.

• I can't recreate such an issue in the latest release.

Duplicate your project and import the latest release. Upgrade issues aside, does doing so resolve this specific issue?

• @ChrisIceBox Did you try to reproduce with the same unity version I was using? (the version is two thousand and nineteen.1.10.f1; for some reason the number nine does not display on this site.)

I have a feeling this issue stems from this unity version as an older combo of AC+unity versions does not have this problem.

• edited March 2020

I tried it on in 2019.3, so if it's a Unity issue then it may be a but that's since been fixed.

Again though, please try the latest AC release in a duplicate test project.

• @ChrisIceBox Ok, so upgrading to 1.70.4 fixed the issue! But... I have the following error "IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bound" when I try to open an ActionList.

I pasted the details below::;

AC.CustomStyles.get_Toolbar () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/CustomGUILayout.cs:567)
    AC.ActionListEditorWindow.DrawScrollbars (UnityEngine.Event e) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:676)
    AC.ActionListEditorWindow.NodesGUI (System.Boolean isAsset, UnityEngine.Event e) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:1444)
    AC.ActionListEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:934)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <7d97106330684add86d080ecf65bfe69>:0)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <7d97106330684add86d080ecf65bfe69>:0)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <7d97106330684add86d080ecf65bfe69>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:340)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:334)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition, UnityEngine.Rect viewRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:310)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect viewRect, UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect, System.Boolean floatingWindow, System.Boolean isBottomTab) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:373)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:340)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:278)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

• @ChrisIceBox I think re-importing fixed my problem. Will be testing more, fingers crossed :smile:

• Did you import the full AC package - not just the Scripts folder? The error relates to the /AdventureCreator/Graphics/Skins/ACNodeSkin asset file not being correct.